Where are you located?
Peppercorn Equestrian Centre is located in Oaklands Junction : 20 minutes North West of Melbourne, near the Tullamarine Airport (Melway Ref. 177 K4).
What are your Opening hours?
We are open throughout the year. The hours of Operation vary with the seasons but are usually 9a.m to last ride of the day, generally 6 days per week with Sunday lessons running once per fortnight.
What are your Age Restrictions?
- Led childrens lessons - age approx 3 years old and above
- 1 Hour provate lesson children - age 6 years to 18
- Group lessons - 6 years and above
- Adult group lessons - 18 years plus
- Adult private lessons - 18 years plus
- Children's Saturday Pony Club Program - age 5½ years plus
- School Holliday programs - 6 years and above
What are your Weight Restrictions?
Many of our horses are not able to carry big weights for too long and weight restrictions may apply for riders 100kgs plus. Restrictions vary according to a customer's height and riding experience. Talk to our staff when booking for further details.
What do I need to wear?
For your own safety and comfort we require you to wear long pants and enclosed shoes. Jeans and boots are quite acceptable. Soft canvas shoes and runners are not advisable. Loose or flowing clothing such as scarves can scare other horses and are not permitted during lessons.
We have a large variety of helmets and boots available for you to wear during your lesson, or feel free to bring your own.
Do I have to have riding experience?
No, riding experience is not necessary - thats what we are here for!!
Are the horses quiet and safe?
Yes, our horses are experienced school horses and are used to inexperienced riders. They are well behaved and we have horses that are suitable for complete beginners through to horses that will cater for the more advanced rider.
Do I need to arrive early?
Arrive at Peppercorn Equestrian Centre 15 minutes before your lesson is scheduled. If you are running late due to traffic etc please call and advise us in some cases during group lessons if your lesson has already started, you may not be able to catch up and you will be charged for the lesson.
What happens if it rains?
We do not cancel lessons because of rain as we have a full indoor riding facility that allows for all weather riding.
In the rare case where we do cancel a ride due to electrical storms, we will notify you and arrange to reschedule your lesson.
Do I need to book or pay a deposit?
- Yes, bookings are essential for all of our lessons - we will not make same day bookings on the spot.
- We require a deposit of $30 per person at the time of booking for school holliday programs as well some lesson bookings.
- Deposits can be paid in cash, or by direct deposit. Deposits are non-refundable but if you cancel a ride with at least 48 hours notice, you can transfer the deposit to another day within 6 months.
- If you would like to inspect our centre please contact to arrange a suitable time.
Do you have credit card facilities?
We do not currently have credit card facilities for Visa and MasterCard. Payments can be made by cash, cheque or direct transfer. Please contact us for further details.
What size groups can you cater for?
Whilst we can cater for groups for up to 4 riders, we do not teach our riders in large groups. Generally our rides are for between 2 to 4 riders with occasional larger groups in our structured programs.
Private lessons are also available.
How many horses do you have?
We have approximately 20 horses although not all horses will be in work every day. This is one reason why we need to know about your experience level and if any rider is over 100kg so that we can arrange for the most suitable horse for your lesson.
Do you have insurance?
Yes. Yes we have insurance and details are available on request.